Thank you for considering entrusting me with the likeness of your pet! If you enjoy my bold color sense and whimsical style, I would love to create a unique painting for you to celebrate your animal companion. Depending on the size and composition of the painting, I can accommodate multiple pets.
Description of Services
I work mostly in acrylic or a combination of acrylic and india ink on cradled wood board. I do not offer framing, but I do paint the edges a color of your choosing, and the final product will be ready to hang.
Sorry, I’m not taking commissions for human subjects!
Please note that I retain rights to reproduce (as prints, promo material, etc.) any artwork created from your submitted photo.
My rate is $4 per square inch for sizes smaller than 12″ by 12″ and $3.75 per square inch for anything larger. I get my supplies from Blick, so you can see the available panel sizes here. If I agree to take on your painting, I require a non-refundable 20% deposit to cover materials and any work I may have put in, in the event you change your mind. Shipping is extra and varies by project size and destination.
For my consideration, you must provide:
- Completed survey about your pet’s (or pets’) traits, your color preferences, other project information, etc.
- At least 1 high quality photo to be used as a reference.
- Make sure the photo is in focus, with no blurriness.
- If more than one pet is being depicted, they must all be present in the same photo.
- Eye-level photos work best, rather than photos taken from above. Get down on the ground or floor with your pet for the best viewpoint.
- Shaded natural light is ideal. Avoid harsh sun and shadows. Avoid indoor lighting at nighttime.
- If you submit a photo by a professional photographer or portrait studio, you must own the rights to reproduce the photo or supply written consent from the photographer.
After I’ve accepted your commission and received the deposit, it may take up to 2-4 weeks to complete your painting. I will send you a preliminary sketch for approval within two business days of receiving the deposit, and progress photos a minimum of once a week during the creation process.
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions! Thank you.